If you have all attempted all the steps correctly and are still not able to get your printer to work for you, you might want to troubleshoot it. These are the common problems which are faced by the HP users and are nothing to be called a major problem.
It might just be some error in connection as any fault in connection leads to either the computer not being able to recognize the printer or the printer not being able to connect with the computer. The most common among the problems is PC doesn’t recognize the printer is on; however, you have your printer switched on right in front of you.
In such a case, your computer will prompt you repeatedly to switch your printer on or check your network connections in case you have the wireless printer.
HP Technical Support Assistants claims that you need to troubleshoot your computer or printer if, one of the below-mentioned error messages is display on the screen.
- An error occurred communicating with the scanning device
- Computer not found
- Scan to computer is currently unavailable
To troubleshoot, HP technical support provides, you must follow the below-mentioned steps precisely and try to get through the procedure chronologically in order to fix your issue.
Table of Contents
1. Run the print and scan doctor
You need to initially start with downloading and running software, called HP print and scan doctor. Hardware problems are not the issues we can fix ourselves and they are not massive for you to connect to a technician. Hence, you can solve your technical issue through this software.
This software helps you diagnose printer hardware and technical issues automatically.
- Open the software.
- Click on fix scanning to ensure your scanner is working properly by checking it.
- Follow all the instructions as it is displayed in the software.
- This should solve your problem after you perform the scanning procedure.
- If the problem is yet not solved, move on to the next step.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Software
Upgrade issues hamper your use at times, i.e. if at times your printer software has been released with a new update and is mandatory to update and, you fail to do so, you might encounter connectivity issues. To solve the same issues, follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall and reinstall your printer software just as the way it was previously.
- Start by disconnecting the USB cable from the printer which connects to your PC or router.
- You need to now open the control panel. If you can locate it, fair enough. In case you do not know the location of the control panel, open Windows from the start menu and search for the control panel.
- Check out for an option of programs in control panel, if you aren’t able to find it, check for programs and features. Open it.
- Click on uninstall a program from the list of options presented to you to open the set of installed programs.
- Click on the printer name to uninstall it. Your computer will prompt you to surely remove the software. Click on yes to confirm the removal.
- You will now have to check your printer. Check if the power button is on, the cartridge is filled in and sheets are inserted into it.
- You need to install the appropriate software again to help you through the activation of your printer. Go to 123.hp.com and the site will locate for you the best software or app as per your printer driver and present it in front of you.
- Download the app and follow all the instructions to install the app.
- Now, follow the steps to set up the printer connection.
- If the problem still arises, go to the next step.
3. Troubleshoot The Printer
At this time, your printer is probably not connected to your network. Try troubleshooting your printer instead. Follow the below-mentioned steps to follow printer troubleshoot.
- Restart all the devices including your printer, pc and also your router in case your printer connection is wireless.
- Try connecting the printer to the network again.
- Trying printing a report to start with.